Easy Sweet and Sour BrisketFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 16 ounce can of stewed tomatoes, cut up shopping list
- 1 8 ounce package of sauerkraut, refrigerated shopping list
- 1 cup of applesauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar shopping list
- 3 1/2 lb. fresh beef brisket shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cold water shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch shopping list
- parsley sprigs shopping list
- boiled new potatoes or mashed potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10 inch skillet combine undrained tomatoes, undrained sauerkraut, applesauce and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Add brisket, spooning sauce over the meat.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours or until meat is tender, spooning sauce over meat occasionally.
- Transfer meat to serving platter, keep warm.
- Skim off excess fat from pan juices.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into tomato mixture.
- Cook and stir til thickened and bubbly.
- Cook for two minutes.
- Spoon some sauce over meat, pass remainder sauce.