Homemade Yellow Cake With Chocolate Buttercream FrostingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 5-1/3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then grease and flour 3 round cake pans.
- Mix flour, sugar, shortening, milk, baking powder, salt, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl.
- Beat on low speed 30 seconds scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes scraping bowl occasionally then pour batter into pans.
- Bake 35 minutes then cool 10 minutes and remove from pans.
- Poke a number of holes halfway through each layer using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour milk into holes then cool completely.
- Combine all frosting ingredients and beat until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Frost between layers and on top and sides of cake.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
I was looking for a yellow cake w/chocolate frosting...I don't have the sweetened condensed milk....maybe I'll look for the recipe here on GR!! Today is my hubby's b-dayjett2whit in Union City loved it
Finally a buttercream I mastered. YUMMY. Love the cake too, very tender crumb and moist. Was afraid it would be too sweet but it was just perfect. Thanks CM! You ROCK!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I've never seen a cake recipe with sweetened condensed milk before, interesting! Sounds wonderful! I'm a fan!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!