Deluxe Chicken BreastsFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- FOR THE SAUCE shopping list
- 2 tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- paprika for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine the flour and bread crumbs. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg whites and water.
- Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then dredge in bread crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- ln a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place chicken in a shallow baking dish. Bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Stir in flour until well combined. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- Place chicken breasts on serving plates. Drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar. Garnish with paprika and serve immediately.