Butter Pecan CakeFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup pecans - chopped shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla (vanilla bean would be marvellous in this cake) shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened shopping list
- 3 cups icing sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp. milk, plus 1 tsp. milk shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- Reserved toasted pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- Melt 3 tbsp. butter in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Stir in pecans and bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Cream softened butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy and sugar is dissolved. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla and 1 cup pecans, reserving remaining pecans for frosting.
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured 9 " cake pans. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes or until cake tests done. Do not over-bake this cake or it is dry. Cool layers in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Spread top and sides of cooled cake with butter pecan frosting (cream cheese icing is delicious too).
- Cream butter; add sugar, milk and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Stir in reserved toasted pecans.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating5 people
yum ........auntbea this looks fabulousminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I agree, this looks and sounds fabulous. I'll be making this without a doubt. You've got my 5chefmeow in Garland loved it
This looks wonderful. I have to make a cake for a Tea at Church. I believe this will be the cake.
Thanks,cookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!