Tomato And Mango SaladFrom jimrug1 6 years ago
- vinaigrette shopping list
- 3 Tbls balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 small shallot minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
- SALAD shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 2 large ripe mangoes shopping list
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 Tbs basil chiffonade plus sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Balsomic Vinegar, Mustard and Shallot. Add Olive Oil in a slow stream whisking until emuslified. Season with Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Peel and slice the Mangoes in long thin wedges. Slice the Tomatoes and arrange in an overlapping cirlcle on a decorative platter. Fan the Mango slices on top of Tomatoes with tips converging in the center of the Tomato circle. Place a Basil sprig in the center. Dress with the Vinaigrette and garnish with Basil and Chives. Serve at once.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating3 people
Just found this, Jim and I love it..5 big forks!! :) * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
Thanks Jim. This is another great way to use the fresh basil I grow every year. This sounds not only tasty but a feast for the eyes also.
Thanks, and a colorful 5 I'm sure.
Denisegrandmommy in Nashville loved it
How lovely - fresh, delicious and colorful. I bet this is a real beauty in presentation. I love salads (and particularly these ingredients), plus I have some good balsamic vinegar to use here. Thanks, Jim sweetie...I look forward to making and tas...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!