Tomato And Mango SaladFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- vinaigrette shopping list
- 3 Tbls balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 small shallot minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. shopping list
- SALAD shopping list
- 2 large ripe tomatoes shopping list
- 2 large ripe mangoes shopping list
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 Tbs basil chiffonade plus sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Balsomic Vinegar, Mustard and Shallot. Add Olive Oil in a slow stream whisking until emuslified. Season with Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Peel and slice the Mangoes in long thin wedges. Slice the Tomatoes and arrange in an overlapping cirlcle on a decorative platter. Fan the Mango slices on top of Tomatoes with tips converging in the center of the Tomato circle. Place a Basil sprig in the center. Dress with the Vinaigrette and garnish with Basil and Chives. Serve at once.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating3 people
How lovely - fresh, delicious and colorful. I bet this is a real beauty in presentation. I love salads (and particularly these ingredients), plus I have some good balsamic vinegar to use here. Thanks, Jim sweetie...I look forward to making and tas...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Thanks Jim. This is another great way to use the fresh basil I grow every year. This sounds not only tasty but a feast for the eyes also.
Thanks, and a colorful 5 I'm sure.
Denisegrandmommy in Nashville loved it
Just found this, Jim and I love it..5 big forks!! :) * * * * *lanacountry in Macon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!