Lentil and Carrot Soup with ParsleyFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- 16 oz red or brown lentils shopping list
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into coins or chunks shopping list
- 1 bay leaaf shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 small can or 4 oz tomato puree or tomato paste shopping list
- 2 oz chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse lentils to remove dust and extra skins.
- Pour into stew pot and add enough water to cover 3 inches over the top of the lentils.
- Add the garlic powder, bay leaf, salt and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a slow simmer and add tomato puree and carrots.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils and carrots are tender and soup is thick.
- Serve, garnished with chopped parsley.
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating3 people
With fall here and cooler weather, I crave comfort foods and lentils are at the top of the list. Sounds so good. thanks for the post.
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Sounds delicious! I like the carrots being in there.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I am a sucker for anything with lentils. This sounds tasty and healthy.... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!