Prawns SaganakiFrom alagrecque 6 years ago
- 1 kg. large prawns (deveined) shopping list
- 400 g ripe tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped) shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (squashed) shopping list
- 1 tsp dried crushed chili or 1 green chili pepper (cut in rounds) shopping list
- 3 sprigs thyme or oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry coriander shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato puree shopping list
- 150 g feta cheese (or other white goat cheese) (cut in thin slices or crumbled) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the prawns in lots of salted water for 3 mins, drain them and keep them warm. If we wish to serve with pasta we keep the water.
- In a large pan gently saute the garlic and add the rest of the ingredients except of the cheese, and boil on high temperature for 5 mins.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins. more.
- Add the prawns to the pan and simmer for further 5 mins.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the cheese and serve with fresh shredded parsley.
- If we will accompany with pasta, we boil the pasta and then we stir in the sauce and serve with fresh shredded parsley.
The Cookalagrecque Thessaloniki, GR
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!