Becs Easy DahlFrom becsta 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup of oil (or less) - butter if you like the flavour and have low cholesterol! shopping list
- 1 onion chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger shopping list
- 2 tablespoon curry powder shopping list
- 3 bruised green cardamom pods shopping list
- 2 star anise shopping list
- 12 fresh curry leaves shopping list
- 250 g of lentils (try 1/2 red and 1/2 moong dahl or brown if you soak them for a few hours). You can cheat and use a can to make this quick. shopping list
- 1.5 litre of veggie stock shopping list
- 160 g green peas shopping list
- 2-3 kumara (similar to sweet potatoes), baked or serve with basmati rice shopping list
How to make it
- Fry onions and spices (except curry leaves) in oil for about 5 minutes. Add celery, peas, lentils, curry leaves and stock. Stir it around a bit then cover and cool an long as the lentils take. This depends of what kind of lentils you use. About 40 minutes for the combo of lentils I suggest. Brown lentils take longer. (60 minutes? soaking them speeds it up). If you use canned lentils this whole dish can take only 30minutes. You may need to use more stock. Keep an eye on it. It is cooked when the lentils are really soft and it should have the consistency of a thick porridge.
- Pour on top of baked kumara/sweet potato (or rice).
The Cookbecsta Auckland, NZ
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!