Tarragon Potato SaladFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 9 medium idaho potatoes (about 3 lbs.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of extra light (not extra virgin) olive oil, mildest shopping list
- 1/4 cup of tarragon vinegar (make your own or purchased) shopping list
- 1/4 cup of warmed beef stock (I use canned) shopping list
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard, just to help thicken the dressing shopping list
- 1/3 cup or one bunch of green onion, tops and bottoms, minced shopping list
- 3 tbsp of parsley, snipped, flat leaf shopping list
- 2 tbsp of non-pareil capers, drained shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp of fresh tarragon leaves minced, or 1 tsp of dried crushed shopping list
- bibb lettuce leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in salted water (start in cold for even cooking) for about 20 minutes until just tender. Drain Cool slightly.
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- Douse with a splash of tarragon vinegar/and or white vermouth while still warm. Allow to cool completely.
- Mix the remaining vinegar, consomme, salt, pepper, mustard, herbs, and minced onions/capers. Whisk in the oil until the dressing is combined and thickened.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Toss and chill.
- Serve in lettuce cups.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating2 people
I love tarragon and capers - with my close friends, the potato family. Wow - this just sounds soooo delicious to me. Love the addition of the consomme to the vinaigrette....wow! A must try for me. Thanks, sweetie...lunasea in Orlando loved it
I can't wait to try this.Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it