Budino di Riso - Rice PuddingFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- ½ cup arborio rice shopping list
- 8 cups whole milk shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise (or use 1 tsp real vanilla extract) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- ½ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract shopping list
- freshly grated nutmeg (optional) shopping list
- caramel sauce and/or whipped cream, for serving (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together rice, milk, sugar, vanilla bean, cinnamon and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes as the mixture starts to thicken.
- Continue to cook until the rice is tender but not too mushy, 15 minutes longer. The milk will be thick and the rice tender, but the mixture should be a little soupy.
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 egg yolks and cream and stir into cooked rice.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until eggs are cooked through and pudding is creamy and glossy but still fairly soupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining vanilla extract. Grate a little nutmeg in, if you like.
- Remove the vanilla bean, if you’ve used one.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and press plastic wrap over the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cold, 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve pudding as is, or layer in a parfait glass with caramel sauce and top with whipped cream.
- Each serving: about 512 calories; 16 grams protein; 57 grams carbohydrate; 24 grams fat (14 grams saturated); 1 gram fiber; 171 milligrams cholesterol; 320 milligrams sodium.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!