crown of shrimp with truffle sauceFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
- 1 bunch fresh chives shopping list
- 30 extra-large (16 to 20 per lb) shrimp in shell without heads, peeled, leaving tail and first shell segment intact, and deveined shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4-inch) peeled celery root shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4-inch) peeled parsnips shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4-inch) peeled turnips shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4-inch) seeded peeled butternut squash shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/2 lb cold black truffle butter or 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- chestnut purée shopping list
- 11/2 cups black truffle sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch chives in a 2-quart pot of boiling salted water 2 seconds, then transfer with tongs to a bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking. Drain chives in a colander and spread in 1 layer on paper towels.
- Stand 5 shrimp together in a tight circle, tails up and touching in center, then tie tails together with 2 or 3 chives (be careful not to break them), wrapping them about 1 inch down from top of tails. Make 5 more "crowns" with remaining shrimp and chives. Chill, covered, on a plate.
- Cook celery root in 1/2 teaspoon oil in a 6-inch nonstick skillet over moderately low heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes, and transfer to a bowl. Cook parsnips, turnips, and squash separately, each in 1/2 teaspoon oil in same manner, transferring to bowl with celery root. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and keep warm, covered.
- Whisk together warm water and one fourth of truffle butter in a 5-quart wide heavy pot over moderately low heat until just incorporated. Add remaining butter one third at a time, whisking until all butter is incorporated. Stand shrimp in butter mixture and poach at a bare simmer, covered, until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon chestnut purée into centers of 6 plates and top with crowns of shrimp. Pour 1/4 cup truffle sauce around each serving and sprinkle vegetables over plate, letting them fall around shrimp.