Hamburgers In Bordelaise SauceFrom craftyazgirl 6 years ago
How to make it
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions. Shape into patties, about 1-inch thick.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the mushrooms. Saute 3 to 5 minutes at medium heat until mushrooms are shiny. Remove onto platter.
- Turn heat to high. Boil off liquid from drippings.
- Add the beef patties. Saute 5 minutes on each side for medium done.
- Remove meat to platter. Pour any juices from mushrooms into skillet.
- Add consomme and wine. Bring to a boil. Boil until reduced to a shiny glaze that coats the pan. If sauce separates and becomes oily, add a bit of water to the pan.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the remaining butter, a tablespoon at a time, to make an emulsified sauce.
- Add meat and mushrooms. Heat to serving temperature. Serve, sprinkled with pepper and parsley.
- Tips: When preparing the sauce, if the butter gets too hot, the sauce will separate and you will have an oily layer on top of a thick base. If this happens, whisk water into the sauce, a tablespoonful at a time, to resurrect the emulsion.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
Sounds fantastic! The red wine must make this unique.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Nice one!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
sounds like a delicous recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it