Hamburgers In Bordelaise SauceFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
How to make it
- Divide the beef into 4 equal portions. Shape into patties, about 1-inch thick.
- In a heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the mushrooms. Saute 3 to 5 minutes at medium heat until mushrooms are shiny. Remove onto platter.
- Turn heat to high. Boil off liquid from drippings.
- Add the beef patties. Saute 5 minutes on each side for medium done.
- Remove meat to platter. Pour any juices from mushrooms into skillet.
- Add consomme and wine. Bring to a boil. Boil until reduced to a shiny glaze that coats the pan. If sauce separates and becomes oily, add a bit of water to the pan.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the remaining butter, a tablespoon at a time, to make an emulsified sauce.
- Add meat and mushrooms. Heat to serving temperature. Serve, sprinkled with pepper and parsley.
- Tips: When preparing the sauce, if the butter gets too hot, the sauce will separate and you will have an oily layer on top of a thick base. If this happens, whisk water into the sauce, a tablespoonful at a time, to resurrect the emulsion.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
sounds like a delicous recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Nice one!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Sounds fantastic! The red wine must make this unique.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it