Sherry Flavored Roasted Chicken Pot PieFrom inmaculada 7 years ago
- 1 uncooked pastry sheet shopping list
- 2 Tbsp spanish extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 leek, chopped (just the white) shopping list
- 1/2 pound baby carrots shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup dry sherry shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 whole roasted or cooked chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 cup drippings from the roasted chicken (or equivalent of stock) shopping list
- 1-2 Tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a big pan and stir-fry veggies on high, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add sherry and let evaporate so the alcohol evaporates and only the flavor remains. Add chopped chicken breasts and drippings or stock and mix well.
- Add corn starch diluted in a little cold water to thicken the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange half of the grated cheese on the bottom of a baking pan.
- Pour the chicken mixture on top and cover with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the pastry sheet on top of the filling and press the sides against the pan so it is perfectly sealed.
- Prick the surface with a fork to let the steam out while baking.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm
The Cookinmaculada Palma De Mallorca, ES
The Rating4 people
Fantastic!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
This sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
The addition of Sherry really makes this extra special. It makes the whole recipe come together
Michaeltrigger in loved it