Chile Con Queso Dip from Cooking LightFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 1 14/5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained shopping list
- 1 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 6 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light) shopping list
- cilantro sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Drain tomatoes and tomatoes with chiles in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 up liquid; set tomatoes and reserved liquid aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes. Add cream cheese; cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes, reserved liquid, and chili powder; bring to a boil. Add processed cheese; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or utnil cheese melts, stirring constantly. Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve warm with baked tortilla chips.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!