Southern Squash CasseroleFrom deliathecrone 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash the squash and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and saute the squash until tender.
- Mash the squash lightly with a fork, in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter to the skillet and add the chopped onion. Saute the onion until it is tender.
- Add the onion to the squash.
- Stir in the cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and beaten egg to the squash and onion mixture.
- Put this into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
The Rating3 people
I'm in agreement with Henrie! I love squash casserole too and this recipe from Martha Stewart looks absolutely wonderful. 5 all the way.lor in Toronto loved it
Don't like Martha, but this looks good. Thanks Delia.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Sounds like something I need to make real soon, love squash casserole, this one sound great. You have my 5, thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!