Southern Squash CasseroleFrom deliathecrone 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Wash the squash and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and saute the squash until tender.
- Mash the squash lightly with a fork, in a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoons butter to the skillet and add the chopped onion. Saute the onion until it is tender.
- Add the onion to the squash.
- Stir in the cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, and beaten egg to the squash and onion mixture.
- Put this into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
The Rating3 people
Sounds like something I need to make real soon, love squash casserole, this one sound great. You have my 5, thanks for the great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Don't like Martha, but this looks good. Thanks Delia.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I'm in agreement with Henrie! I love squash casserole too and this recipe from Martha Stewart looks absolutely wonderful. 5 all the way.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!