Pepper SteakFrom breezeatdawn 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. sliced round or sirloin steak (beef or game) shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 3 large green peppers, cut in strips shopping list
- 2 Tbsp or cubes beef bouillon shopping list
- 2 (14 1/2 oz) cans of stewed tomatoes (use diced or crushed tomatoes if you like smaller pieces) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp corn starch shopping list
- 1 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 3/4 c. water shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- cooked white rice to serve on shopping list
How to make it
- Place slices of steak in a bag or container and cover with soy sauce. Marinate in the soy sauce at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a saute pan at medium high heat.
- Saute garlic and onions until starting to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add steak and brown on both sides.
- Add bouillon, stir for 1 minute then remove from pan into heat safe container.
- Saute peppers for 3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Return steak and onion mixture to the pan along with the peppers and add the tomatoes.
- Mix corn starch and sugar into the water until dissolved. Add the mixture to the pot, stir and simmer until gravy thickens, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm over white rice.