Chicken Bacon and Bleu Cheese SandwichFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 8 slices crusty white bread, lightly toasted shopping list
- 1/4 cup roquefort or other soft blue cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce (thick stem ends removed) shopping list
- 8 to 10 oz. meat from 1 whole rotisserie chicken, sliced shopping list
- 8 jarred roasted red peppers shopping list
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 12 thin slices shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium frying pan over medium-low heat, cook bacon, turning often, until just crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Worcestershire, mustard, and garlic. Spread this mixture on 4 toast pieces. On each of the remaining 4 toasts, spread about 1 tbsp. blue cheese.
- 3. Layer each blue cheese–topped toast with a piece of lettuce, 1/4 of the chicken slices, 2 red peppers, 3 slices avocado, and a slice of bacon. Top each with a mayonnaise-spread toast. Cut sandwiches in half and skewer each half with a toothpick to help hold it together.