Barbecue Chicken TacosFrom cheric 8 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 green pepper, diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 T thick prepared barbecue sauce shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 jalapeno chilies, seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 1 can (11 ounces) corn kernels with peppers (such as mexicorn), well drained shopping list
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 14 white corn tortillas, warmed shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Place onion and green pepper in a 5- to 5 1/2-quart slow cooker. In small bowl, stir together 3/4 cup of the barbecue sauce, garlic and jalapeno. Pour over vegetables. Press chicken into mixture.
- Cover slow cooker. Cook on high heat for 4 1/2 hours or on low heat for 6 1/2 hours. Remove chicken to cutting board; let cool slightly then pull apart into shreds using two forks. Return to slow cooker along with corn, remaining 2 T barbecue sauce, hot pepper sauce and salt. Cook on high about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, place about 1/4 cup mixture on each tortilla; top with cheese.
- Per taco: 193 calories; 3 g fat; 25 g carb
The Cookcheric Oklahoma City, OK
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!