Buttermilk Banana Walnut BreadFrom wdsdy 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, cream together the sugar and butter; add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in mashed bananas and vanilla and continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- In a measuring cup, stir baking soda into the buttermilk and add it to the banana mixture along with the flour and chopped walnuts.
- Stir the batter until it is well combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the bread to a rack and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn it out onto a rack and let it cool completely.
The Cookwdsdy GA
The Rating5 people
I love banana bread and your recipe looks great. Great 5 fork winner.peepers in loved it
Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Great banana bread! I love banana breads and banana cakes. Thanks for posting!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!