Fennel Broccoli And Sausage PastaFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- 2 or 3 each hot and sweet sausage links, semi-frozen shopping list
- 2 small crowns of fresh broccoli shopping list
- 3-6 cloves of fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 or 2 bulbs fennel with their frawns shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Large pot of boiling water for pasta - try rotitini or penne shopping list
- One large deep skillet, enough that when after cooking sausages and veggies, you can also throw pasta in. shopping list
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan shopping list
- A couple shakes of dried red pepper flakes shopping list
- Freshly cracked pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Put pot on to boil for pasta
- Take out sausage from freezer, and slice links into 1/3 inch slices
- Put skillet onto stove, add small drizzle of olive oil and put sliced sausages in.
- Add red chili flakes and fresh cracked pepper - the heat from the skillet opens up their flavors.
- While the sausage cooks, mince up garlic and set aside.
- Rinse and break apart broccoli into small bite size pieces and set aside.
- Cut off frawns from fennel, and with the remaining bulb, slice thin and break apart to resemble onion slices. Set aside frawns for now.
- Once water has started to boil, add good amount of salt to water and a bit of olive oil.
- To cooking sausage slices, add sliced fennel and broccoli to skillet.
- Continue cooking broccoli, sausages and fennel allowing the fennel to caramelize along with sliced sausages.
- Mince up two tablespoons frawns from the fennel and grate up your cheese.
- Drain pasta when just al dente, but try and reserve up to 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add drained cooked pasta to deep skillet and add freshly minced garlic to the mix.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese and up to 1/2 cup pasta water and stir till all are combined. Continue cooking for one to 4 minutes.
- Serve up on plates, sprinkle a little of the minced fennel frawns and extra grated cheese. Ciao Bella! Mangia Mangia pronto!