Raspberry-Lemon Custard CakesFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1/2 pint raspberries shopping list
- 4 lg egg whites shopping list
- 3 lg egg yolks shopping list
- 3/4c granulated sugar shopping list
- 2Tbs all purpose flour shopping list
- 11/2tsp raspberry extract shopping list
- 1tsp lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4c lemon juice shopping list
- 1c milk shopping list
- confectioners' sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Fill a roastin pan with 1/2" hot tap water;place in center of oven. Heat oven to 350. You'll need 8 6oz. custard cups;place 4 or5 raspberries on bottom of each.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with mixer on medium speed till foamy Beat in 2Tbs of the sugar until stiff,shiny peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- With same beaters,beat yolks and remaing sugar in a large bowl until mixture is light;beat in flour,extract,lemon zest and juice. Gradually beat in milk. Using a wire whisk,gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture just till combined. Divide batter among prepared cups(cups should be filled to the top) Place cups inhot water in roasting pan.
- Bake until puddings are puffed and golden brown on top,about 24 mins. Serve puddings warm or at room temp,with conf. sugar and remaining berries.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
These sound so light and delicate! I really can't wait to try them...thanks for the recipe!!!pat2me in Nashua loved it
these sound good.. you have my 5..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!