COCONUT-PECAN SCONESFrom henrie 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine -- firm shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans -- chopped if desired shopping list
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup Half and half shopping list
- Additional half and half and coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the margarine into the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt with a pastry blender in a large bowl until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the pecans and coconut. Stir in the egg and just enough of the half and half so that the dough leaves the side of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Knead lightly 10 times.
- Pat or roll into an 8-inch circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate. Brush with half and half. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Immediately remove from the cookie sheet; carefully separate the wedges. Serve warm.