White Bean SoupFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 1 cup dried white beans, soaked in cold water overnight shopping list
- 3 tbsp. oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, chopped shopping list
- 4 celery sticks, chopped shopping list
- 1 parsnip, chopped shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- chopped fresh coriander and paprika to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the beans and boil rapidly in fresh water for 10 minutes. Drain, cover with more fresh water and simmer for 1 to 2 hours until soft. Reserve the liquid and discard any bean skins on the surface.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and saute the onions, celery and parsnip for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and stock and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender. Allow the soup to cool slightly and, using a food processor or hand blender, blend the soup until it is velvety smooth.
- Reheat the soup gently, gradually adding some of the bean liquid or a little water if it is too thick. Season to taste.
- To serve, transfer the soup into wide bowls. Garnish with fresh corinader and paprika. Toasted garlic croutons are lovely too.
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!