Chef Garretts Asian Chicken SaladFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- Dressing/marinade shopping list
- 3 Tblsp chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- 3 Tblsp chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro - washed and dried shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3 Tblsp rice wine vinegar (ordinary white vinegar works fine) shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeño - seeded. shopping list
- 2 cups vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tblsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- Salad: shopping list
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1/2 red onion - thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup red, yellow, green bell pepper - thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 carrots - thinly sliced or shredded shopping list
- 1 stalk celery - thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup pineapple - in large dice shopping list
- 1/2 jalapeño - finely minced (optional) shopping list
- 3 Tblsp toasted almonds - slivered shopping list
- 3/4 cup crisp chow mien noodles shopping list
- fresh mint and cilantro to garnish shopping list
- 2 large chicken breast shopping list
How to make it
- Blend first 9 items in food processor.
- Add vegetable oil - slowly, in a stream -until emulsified.
- Add sesame oil, remove enough to a separate container to marinate your chicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- This dressing will keep 2 weeks in your fridge.
- Keep all salad ingredients well chilled until assembly.
- 'Butterfly' 2 large chicken breasts, place in plastic or glass bowl, cover with marinade and allow to rest 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, wipe all excess marinade off breasts and grill at medium/high heat on griddle or over charcoal or wood fire, basting with marinade as it cooks.
- Cook 4 minutes on one side, 3 on the other (depending on thickness of breasts).
- Meanwhile mix all salad ingredients together, adding JUST ENOUGH of the reserved dressing to flavor the salad (you can always add more - you can't subtract!)
- Place salad on well chilled serving plates, top with hot glazed chicken breasts, cut into strips, top with a few reserved almond slices and some fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating2 people
You know, I love me some salad! This is awesome and reminds me of something my step-grandmother used to make, which automatically gets my 5! I can soooo taste this now! Thanks for posting! ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it