Wheaten Milk and Honey BreadFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (1 package) shopping list
- 1/2 - 1/3 cup warm water shopping list
- 1/2 cup skim milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tbsp nonfat dry milk (optional, but great for texture) shopping list
- 3 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp vital wheat gluten shopping list
- 5 tbsp ground flaxseed shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together yeast and water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat milk to just above body temperature, stir in salt, honey, and milk powder and let cool to lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl (I use my stand mixer) whisk together flour, gluten and flaxseed.
- Pour in yeast mixture and milk mixture and beat until a fairly smooth dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes, until elastic.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease a 1 1/2 Lb loaf pan.
- Punch down dough, shape into a loaf and place into the pan, tucking ends under.
- Cover and let rise again for 1 hour.
- Brush the top of the loaf with milk, bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Good To Freeze130 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
1500 Calories A Day173 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Cooking With Kids38 members