Green Eggs n HamFrom sparow64 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a lightly oiled 10- or 11-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the shallots for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add spinach, a handful at a time, and sauté until bright green and wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the ham and cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the vegetables.
- Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute, or until the eggs are almost set on the bottom.
- Continue cooking, using a spatula to lift the edges of the frittata toward the center of the skillet while gently tilting the pan so the uncooked eggs run underneath the frittata.
- Cook for 30 to 40 seconds and repeat the process several times until the egg on top is still wet but not runny.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake for 3 to 7 minutes, or until the top is just set.
- Do not overcook.
- Using an oven mitt, remove frittata from the oven and let sit for 1 minute.
- Run a spatula around the skillet edge to loosen the frittata, and slide or invert it onto a serving plate.