Apples in Red Wine or Jabka na Winie CzerwonymFrom lor 5 years ago
- 8 apples, cored shopping list
- Note: This recipe does not call for the apples to be halved but I sometimes do and I place the halves in the baking dish and fill the centers with jam. shopping list
- Cherry, plum or strawberry jam shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon shopping list
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups red wine shopping list
- Note: If you don't want to use red wine then apple juice, white grape juice or cranberry juice are great substitutes. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Place apples in a buttered baking dish.
- Fill each apple center with jam.
- Blend sugar and nutmeg/cinnamon and stir in wine and vanilla.
- Pour over apples and cover.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours before serving.
- Serve with either whipped cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating5 people
great postmidgelet in Eastern loved it
this sounds really delicous will print and try thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Our family loves fruit. This sounds like a great way to enjoy fruit and dessert at the same time! I will try this.dynie in Marietta loved it