Stupendous Chicken And DumplingsFrom jencathen 6 years ago
- 1 3-lb chicken, cut up or use whatever you like thighs, breasts etc. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1 can cream of chicken soup any cream soup will do shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1 10 oz frozen mixed veggies (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup prepared biscuit mix or use Line's Cheatin Dumplings found Cheating Dumplings shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; brown in butter in a large heavy pan.
- Add water, onion and poultry seasoning; cover.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in soup and 1 1/2 cups milk; add veggies.
- Bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine biscuit mix and remaining milk; drop from spoon into stew. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes longer.