Jhangiri And JalebiFrom cholena 7 years ago
- JHANGIRI : shopping list
- 1 C Urad dhal ( commercially available in Indian grocery stores too) - soaked for 3 hours and grounded into a very fine thick wet batter . Then add pinch of colouring , 2 tbsp rice flour ,and mix well . shopping list
- JALEBI : shopping list
- 1 C All purpose flour , 2 tbsp rice flour , Pinch of baking powder , 2 tbsp yogurt , 1 C warm water 1 - Mix well with a whisk until smooth . Add pinch of food colour ( if you don't like your jalebi to be white ) and whisk well . Let it ferment for about 2 hours . shopping list
- syrup : shopping list
- sugar – 3 cups shopping list
- One pinch of Food Colour Powder shopping list
- One pinch of cardamom powder shopping list
- Few drops of Rose essence shopping list
How to make it
- Making the SYRUP :
- Add 2 cups of water to the sugar and a pinch of food colour and make syrup of right consistency. Add cardamom powder and rose essence. Keep it on low fire on one burner.
- In a pan , heat oil for deep frying .
- Put some batter in the Icing Pipe with round nozzle .
- Press the pipe directly over the hot oil so that the batter will come out.
- For JHANGIRI , make a circular motion of your hand , so that the batter drops into the oil in circular shape , keep on making small rounds along the sides of the circle so that it looks like a pretzel and of cookie size .
- For JALEBI , just make two three circles , closer to the size of small cookies .
- Fry till it turns crispy .
- Remove them from the oil and drop atonce into the hot syrup.
- Hold it down for 1 to 5 mins .
- Remove it from the syrup .
- Serve HOT , WARM or CHILLED .
The Cookcholena Food World, Sin
The Rating4 people
Lovely recipe! There is this local indian restaurant I used to frequent-they serve these sweets with your lunch order.kidaria in BC loved it
I love these. I am with you on the few day older ones that get so filled with the syrup.. so YUM!dee in Tampa loved it
I love these and make similar American version of funnel cakes.midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!