Deep Fried Mac and CheeseFrom myszreesey 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge each Cheesy Mac square in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
- "The Lady's Cheesy Mac":
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
- 2 cups grated Cheddar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot, add the Cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese, if desired.
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
The Rating3 people
oh my goodness! I can feel my arteries clogging now. I love Mac&cheese but not supposed to eat it... Very interesting. Got my 5 for creativity.jett2whit in Union City loved it
I agree with Jett...I am going to have to try this recipe and risk the clogged arteries.debwin in Toronto loved it
That's what I'm talking about! If your going to eat mac and cheese, just go ahead and fry it baby! This is so bad for you! I just love living on the edge!
Gingergindot in Temecula loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!