Three Fruit PieFrom grandmacooks 8 years ago
- Pastry for double crust pie (I use refrigerated in the red box) shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups peach slices shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups nectarine slices shopping list
- 1 2/3 cups apricot slices shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter, cut in small pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel, slice and measure the fruit, and toss it with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Put one crust in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Combine the brown sugar and spices in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the fruit and mix gently to coat the fruit with the mixture.
- Gently scrape the fruit mixture into the crust, including any juices.
- Dot with the small pieces of butter.
- Place top crust over the filling.
- Seal and flute the edges, trimming if needed.
- Cut a few short slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Cover the edges of the crust with foil strips.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil strips and bake for 25-30 minutes longer.
- The crust should be golden brown and the filling should be bubbly.
- Optional: Original recipe suggested making decorative cutouts in top crust before placing on top of pie. Moisten bottoms of cutouts and place on top of pie. If you do this, you will not need to cut the slits in the top crust. I am just not that artistic, or very good with pie crust and I just do it the easiest way that involves the least handling and I just MIGHT get it on without completely tearing it up!