Gas Grill Red SnapperFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- 2Tbs. sweet paprika shopping list
- 2tsp onion powder shopping list
- 2tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 3/4tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 3/4tsp table salt shopping list
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4tsp white pepper shopping list
- 2Tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- Large aluminum disposable baking pan shopping list
- 4 red snapper fillets,6-8oz. each,3/4" thick shopping list
- veg. oil for grill rack shopping list
How to make it
- Combine paprika,onion powder,garlic powder,ground coriander salt and peppers in small bowl. Melt butter in 10" skillet over med. heat. When foaminfg subsides,stir in spice mixture. Cook,stirring frequently,till fragrant and spices turn a dark rust color,2-3 mins. Transfer mixture to pie plate and cool,stirring occasionally,to room temp.,about 10 mins. Once cooled,use for to break any clumps.
- Turn all burners to high,cover, and heat grill till very hot,about 15 mins.. Use grill brush to scrape clean.
- Meanwhile,pat fillets dry on bot sides with paper towels. Using sharp knife,make shallow diagonal slashes ever inch along skin side of fish,being careful not to cut flesh. Place fillets skin side up on rimmed baking sheet. Using fingers,rub spice mixture in thin even layers on top and side of fish. Flip fillets over and repeat on other side(use all spice mixture) Refrigerate till needed.
- Lightly dip wad of paper towel in oil;holding with tongs wipe cooking grate. Place fish perpendicular to grill grates,skin side down on grill. Leaving burners on high,grill uncivered until very dark brown and skin crisp,3-4 mins. Using thin metal spatula,flip fish and continue to grill till dark brown,beginning to flake,and center is opaque but still moist,about 5 mins longer.
- This is great with remoulade sauce or pineapple or mango salsa
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating8 people
I have never had this fish....will have to try this recipe. That rub sounds terrific!pat2me in Nashua loved it
This sounds so good think I will try this next Firday you got my 5.
Have a great day!!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
Wow, this is another 5! Great recipe!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!