Quick Show Stopper Key Lime TrifleFrom rosemaryblue 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remove frozen pie from carton :)
- Cut whole frozen pie into 1 inch squares
- Now whip the cream
- In mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat whipping cream until peaks start to form
- Add the sour cream, beating well
- Add powdered sugar slowly
- Beat until stiff peaks are formed (watch or it will turn to butter)
- In trifle dish, arrange a layer of the cut Key Lime squares
- Top this layer with strawberries, bringing them to the sides of trifle dish, so that color with show through
- Top with layer of whipping cream mixture
- Repeat layers, ending with whipped cream on top layer
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce, letting some of it run in crevices down the sides of dish, (this gives a little more definition to color)
- On top, with a table knife, swirl a little of the chocolate through the whipped cream, giving a marbelized look
- Dip the whole strawberry bottom half in chocolate
- Arrange the whole strawberries on top
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- This is a delicious, wonderful, beautiful dessert, so just go for it and decorate it anyway you like.....you are the artist! :)
- This really is fabulous and a show stopper
The Cookrosemaryblue CollegeTown
The Rating7 people
I Love "create -as-you-go" recipes!
It shows 'daring and creativity'...!
This sounds like a 'Mighty Good Creation' !
Thanks for sharing! A "5"...
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
My goodness, Rosemary, you designed this recipe? You are very clever -- it sounds absolutely delicious! A must try here - got my 5!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Way to go!! Can't wait to try it.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!