Traditional Clam Bake on the GrillFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 12 large to jumbo raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked and broken into 2 or 3 pieces shopping list
- 4 dozen little neck clams, cleaned shopping list
- 1 pound smoked sausage or italian sausage, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to medium high. (If you prefer to do this in the oven, preheat oven to 375 degrees.)
- Combine melted butter, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, cayenne and thyme. Set aside.
- Line a large bowl with a double thickness of foil. Fill evenly with a quarter of the ingredients. Drizzle with butter.
- Bring corners of foil together at top and press firmly together to make a tightly sealed packet.
- Repeat to make 4 packets.
- Grill packets on a covered grill for 20 to 25 minutes or until clams are open and shrimp are pink.
- To serve, place packets on large plate and open (carefully) to vent.
- Serve with additional butter if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating5 people
sounds like a great recipe for a party!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Wow,this sounds teriffic. Will have to try very soon!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Oh, yummy and I love foil packet prep. Makes the cleanup so much easier. This will be a great meal. Thanks.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!