The Big Guys Heavenly Grilled AppetizerFrom dosh70 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remove any bones from steak.
- Spice steak to taste. Rub spices into steak on both sides.
- Using tenderizing mallet, pound steak to approx. 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut tenderized steak into 1-inch strips approx. 4 to 5 inches long.
- Take a cube of cheese and wrap the steak around it in one direction.
- Starting where the steak meets or overlaps itself, wrap a slice of bacon in the opposite direction, "sealing" the cheese inside.
- Use a toothpick to hold the cube together.
- On a charcoal grill at med-high heat, place cubes toothpick-up on grill so they do not touch.
- After 3 minutes, using tongs, flip cubes toothpick-down. (Toothpick may "cook" down to a stub, so warn diners or remove after cooking.)
- In another 3 minutes, inspect meat and turn onto side needing most heat.
- Repeat until bacon is well-cooked and steak is at least medium.
- Serve as appetizer.
- You can marinate your steak ahead of time. I have used teriyaki several times. Depending on my feeling at the time, I've used blackening spices, even Jamaican Jerk. Likewise, you can brush BBQ on while grilling if it suits your fancy.
- As far as cheeses go, hard cheeses tend to work best. They leak out the least during cooking. I like spicy cheeses , so I have tried several which work fine.
- Also, for a spicy change I have put a jalapeno slice inside with the cheese.
The Cookdosh70 Springfield, IL
The Rating6 people
There's no way to go wrong with beef, bacon AND cheese:)gadandi in Craig loved it
mmmm....magali777 in Mexico loved it
I love this recipe!possumqueen in Small Town loved it