Chili Mashed PotatoesFrom mjcmcook 5 years ago
- 1 and 1/3 pounds (4 medium boiling potatoes) peeled and cut in chunks shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onion or chives, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup, cheddar cheese (OR) cheese of choice, grated shopping list
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium saucepan cook potatoes in 2 to 3 inches of boiling water,
- covered, about 12 minutes, until tender; drain thoroughly
- Mash potatoes with potato masher or electric mixer.
- Add sour cream, green onions, milk and chili powder
- Mix in salt and pepper. (DO NOT overbeat) !
- Stir gently over low heat just till heated through.
- Serve topped with cheese, allow to melt on top, and cilantro
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmjcmcook Beach City, CA
The Rating8 people
Nothing like a great potatoe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Thanks for a different way of preparing potatoes..
my favorite veggie!raelene1951 in Brighton loved it
This sounds really good!rubymurray in Leicestershire loved it