Best Rice PuddingFrom toleliz 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the milk in a large heavy saucepan and then add the rice. Cook over low heat till the rice is soft remembering to stir once in a while. Taste for texture to make sure that it is nice and soft. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg with the sugar and vanilla then add some of the rice mixture to temper the eggs and then add them to the rest of the rice milk mixture. Add the raisins if using.
- Pour the mixture into a serving dish and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Cover the surface with plastic wrap making sure to lay it right on top of the rice. You can serve this at whatever temperature you like-slightly warm; room temp or cold from the fridge.
- If you use raisins then put about 1/2 cup into a bowl and pour some boiling water over them and let them sit for a few minutes then drain and squeeze dry.
The Cooktoleliz Burlington, Canada
The Rating4 people
Just the recipe I needed for someone with an upset tummy. Delcious.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This is the way I make mine too! sooooo good! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
very easy and simple i just think the kind of rice is important did you use arborio.diane4via in Scarborough loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!