Slow Cooked Apple Pear and Apricot Pork ChopsFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 6 Smithfield pork chops shopping list
- 1 cup fresh Anjou pear -- roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup red apple -- roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dried apricots -- chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion -- chopped shopping list
- 3 ribs celery -- roughly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 3/4 cups apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- Apple and pear slices for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a slow cooker, or Dutch oven combine all ingredients, except cornstarch and water. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours on HIGH. 30 minutes before serving, skim off any excess fat.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and return broth to slow cooker. Continue cooking on low until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Garnish with apple and pear slices.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Serve alongside a fresh green salad.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!