Confetti Tuna SaladFrom lunchboxer 6 years ago
- Two 6 oz. cans tuna (albacore in water or light) shopping list
- 4 hardboiled eggs, peeled & chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (more if you like) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. spicy mustard shopping list
- Dash of garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley (dried or fresh) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of each, finely chopped: carrots, celery, red cabbage, olives(green or black) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. shredded asiago or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
- whole grain bread, sliced & toasted shopping list
How to make it
- While eggs are boiling, chop all veggie ingredients. Drain water or oil from tuna and place in mixing bowl with mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, parsley, cheese. Add chopped veggies to bowl and mix all till well blended. When eggs are done cooking, peel under cold running water (to keep your fingers from burning). Chop eggs and add to tuna mixture. Cover bowl and put in refrigerator to cool for about 1-2 hours if you wish, or make your sandwiches right away if you're hungry!
- Assembly: put tuna on toasted bread, add tomato and cucumber slices, top with remaining bread slices & serve.
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
Sounds great -- I need this for my WW diet -- I struggle with my veggies!auntybea in Vernon loved it
This sounds delicious and it is lunch for tomorrow!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
The vegetables, cheese and eggs sound like great additions to tuna salad! Welcome to Group Recipes! There's lots of great people here and good food too!grandmacooks in Somewhere In loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!