Japanese-style Deep Fried Chicken Tori No KaraageFrom mokona 6 years ago
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white sugar shopping list
- 1 tbs minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 tbs sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 3 tbs potato starch (katakuriko) shopping list
- 1 tbs rice flour (joshinko) shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Add chicken pieces, and stir to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator, add potato starch and rice flour to meat, and mix well.
- In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Place chicken in hot oil, and fry until golden brown. Cook meat in small batches to maintain oil temperature. Drain briefly on paper towels. Serve hot.
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
The Rating5 people
this is a great recipe... and being gluten free I love the fact that the flours used are ones that i can have... a five in my book...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love this. And for those of you who may have trouble finding Katakuriko (potato flour) and/or Joshinko (white rice flour) look for it in your supermarket, but not necessarily next to the Gold Medal or Pillsbury. At Smith's and Safeway Markets, it...moreshibattou in Fort Mohave loved it
Great post - can't wait to try this!valinkenmore in Malott loved it