Shredded Beef EnchiladasFrom mokona 8 years ago
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbs chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbs ground cumin shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 8oz can chopped green chile peppers (optional) shopping list
- 1 tbs all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 cup oil for frying shopping list
- 20 (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- Place roast in a large saucepan that has a tight-fitting lid. Pour in water, cover, and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Increase heat to medium/high, and brown the roast on all sides. Once the water has boiled away, pour in the beef broth, vinegar, chili powder and cumin. Cover tightly and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef falls apart when you try to pick it up. Shred the beef, using 2 forks or your fingers. Place shredded beef back into the saucepan with all the juices, and let cool to room temperature. Skim fat.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion until just soft, not browned. Mix in flour and green chilies. Stir constantly for 2 minutes to cook the flour taste out. Stir in sour cream and 2 cups of the cheese. Cook on low for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the cheese is all melted and mixed. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil. Using tongs, dip the tortillas, one at a time, into the oil for 30 seconds each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spread 4 tablespoons of sour cream mixture down the center of the tortilla. Top with about the same amount of beef. Roll up and place seam side down in one or two 8x11 inch baking dish. Repeat for each tortilla. Continue until you are out of the filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
The Rating6 people
This will be sooo good! Thank you for the supper inspiration :)gadandi in Craig loved it
Oh wow this sounds great.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
I am currently borrowing the shredded beef part of this recipe for nachos! Thank you! I was looking all over for a recipe that could make shredded beef in under eight hours! LOL I just hope a little bit of regular vinegar will work almost as good as ...morekatzilla in Saginaw loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!