Jewish Honey CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1 grated peel of 1 washed orange shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brandy shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first four ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the instant coffee with the water then blend in oil, honey, orange peel and brandy.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy then gradually add the sugar and beat until light.
- Add to the honey mixture.
- Combine flour mixture alternately with the honey mixture starting with flour and ending with flour.
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into an oiled and waxed paper lined rectangular baking pan.
- Bake at 325 for 50 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a wire rack.
- Peel off the waxed paper and wrap in aluminum foil to maintain freshness.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!