Pea Soup with QuinoaFrom sday5 7 years ago
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup quinoa , rinsed shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. canola oil shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) chicken stock or veg. broth shopping list
- 2 pkg. (10 oz. frozen peas) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp. reduced fat plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- In a small sauce pan, bring water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 13-15 min. or until water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender, Stir in broth and peas. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat;simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peas are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, process soup in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan. Stir in the salt, pepper, and quinoa; heat through, Garnish each serving with 1/2 tsp. yogurt.
- one serving -1-1/2 cups 235 calories
The Cooksday5 Smalltown , KS
The Rating4 people
We love quinoa in my family. This is an excellent recipe and you've got my 5 forks all the way!lor in Toronto loved it
Interesting. I've loved quinoa since I tried it a few months ago and I'm interested in new ways to use it. Thanks for sharing!fizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!