Delicious Garlic BreadFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 1 16-ounce loaf of Italian bread or French bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and minced shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese( or asiago ) secret! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread in half, horizontally. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture over the the two bread halves. Place on a sturdy baking pan (one that can handle high temperatures, not a cookie sheet) and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan( or Asiago cheese) over bread . Return to oven on the highest rack. Broil on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the edges of the bread begin to toast and the cheese (if you are using cheese) bubbles. Watch very carefully while broiling. The bread can easily go from un-toasted to burnt.
- Remove from oven, let cool a minute. Remove from pan and make 1-inch thick slices. Serve immediately.
- For Soft version:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make the butter, garlic, parsley mixture as above. Make 1-inch thick slices into the bread, but do not go all the way through, just to the bottom crust. Put a teaspoon or two of the butter mixture between each slice.Add the cheese, then wrap the bread in aluminum foil and heat for 15 minutes in the oven.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating7 people
Love garlic bread, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
We never buy that frozen stuff. Spaghetti sounds so good too with garlic bread. Mmmmm yum!jett2whit in Union City loved it
I make something similar but have never used presh garlic. Yum! This is great!kellyg72 in Roseville loved it