Ladies Who Lunch Salad NicoiseFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 8 small red potatoes, cooked in salted water until tender but not mushy (skins on) shopping list
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed, blanched in boiling water until bright green but still crispy shopping list
- 10 Oval cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small purple onion, sliced thinly shopping list
- 1/2 cup olives (no pits) shopping list
- 6 hard boiled eggs, quartered shopping list
- 2 cans 12 oz white tuna, packed in oil shopping list
- 2 oz anchovy fillets (optional) shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard shopping list
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the potatoes.
- Set aside to cool, then quarter them.
- Boil eggs.
- Set aside to cool, then quarter.
- Blanch beans, drain then cool.
- Prepare dressing:
- Whisk the mustard and vinegar until smooth. Add the olive oil in a slow steady stream, whisking steadily until it thickens and emusifies (I stop adding oil as soon as it thickens, as I like my dressing on the sour side). Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix to blend. Incorporate chopped parsley.
- Gently toss the salad ingredients to mix. Pour almost all of the dressing over, toss to blend. Arrange the eggs around the outside of the dish, the tuna in the center, and drizzle the remaining dressing over the tuna and eggs, making sure to moisten each yolk. Top with additional chopped parsley.