Filet OscarFrom tsehnert 7 years ago
- 4 Filet Minons shopping list
- 8 asparagus spears shopping list
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat (fresh if possible) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- For the Bearnaise Sauce shopping list
- 1/2 TBSP chopped shallots shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked peppercorns shopping list
- 1/2 TBSP dried tarragon leaves shopping list
- 11/2 ounces tarragon vinegar shopping list
- 11/2 ounces dry white wine shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 6 ounces clarified butter, warm shopping list
- 1 TBSP chopped, fresh tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 TBSP fresh chervil (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- To make the Bearnaise Sauce:
- 1. Combine the shallots, peppercorns, dried tarragon, vinegar, and wine. Reduce to sec. (Almost dry)
- 2. Add the water to the reduction.
- 3. Combine the reduction with the egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl. Whip over a bain-marie or double boiler until the yolks form ribbons and triple in volume. They should be light but firm.
- 4. Add the clarified butter gradually, whipping constantly. Strain if necessary to remove any cooked egg particles.
- 5. Add the chooped tarragon and chervil, adjust the seasoning to taste with salt.
- For the Filets:
- 1. Season the Filets with pepper. You should not salt a filet before cooking as salt draws the juice out of meat.
- 2. You can grill the Filets over Med-High heat or saute them. 4 min. per side for Med-Rare.
- 3. While the Filets are cooking steam the asparagus and heat the crab meat.
- To plate: Season the Filet with Sea Salt , put Filet on plate, top with 2 ounces crab per Filet, 2 asparagus spears and 2 ounces Bearnaise Sauce.