Sour Cream Orange FudgeFrom mim 7 years ago
How to make it
- Butter an 8x8" (2 L) pan.
- Over medium heat, in a fairly heavy pan, cook the brown sugar, sour cream and orange juice, stirring until the mixture reaches the boiling point.
- Continue boiling WITHOUT STIRRING until mix reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer (or until it forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water). This should take 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add salt, butter and orange rind. If you don't want a strong orange flavor use the vanilla instead.
- Beat until it thickens and loses its shine.
- Add the chopped nuts, if desired, and pour into the buttered pan.
- Cool and cut into squares.