Strawberry Layer CakeFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 4 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 container (16 ounces) light frozen whipped topping, thawed shopping list
- 4 cups sliced strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325. F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat egg yolks, water, oil, and lemon juice. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until smooth.
- Using clean beaters, beat egg whites at high speed until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining sugar until stiff, but not dry, peaks form. Fold beaten egg whites into flour mixture. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake until top is golden, about 50 minutes. Invert pan and place center over neck of a bottle. Cool completely. Turn cake out onto a large plate.
- Split cake into 3 layers. Place one layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/3 of topping and 1/3 of strawberries. Repeat with second layer. Spread remaining topping over cake. Garnish with remaining strawberries.
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
WoWWW!!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Looks lovely. I'll be making it this summer!auntybea in Vernon loved it
That's simple (O.o)! looks hard for me :D.sorrowofsoul in Pomona loved it