Roasted Lamb with Strawberry GravyFrom alagrecque 9 years ago
- For the strawberry marinade shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sweet red wine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 6 large strawberries cut in halves shopping list
- For the lamb marinade shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup strawberry marinade (w/o the strawberries) shopping list
- 1 large onion cut into slices shopping list
- 1/2 lemon cut in pieces shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in 4 shopping list
- 1 tsp black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mint leaves shopping list
- 1 tbs kosher salt shopping list
- 1 leg of lamb approx. 1.5 kg shopping list
- For the sauce shopping list
- 1 cup sliced strawberries shopping list
- Bunch of coriander leaves shopping list
- Bunch of mint leaves shopping list
- 1 stalk of celery shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 25 gr ginger peeled and grated shopping list
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 30 gr. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Day 1
- In a bowl place the strawberries, sprinkle them with sugar and pour the wine and lemon juice over them. Refrigerate and let them marinade overnight .
- Day 2
- In a large bowl, put the meat and all ingredients for the marinade .
- Cover with a plastic wrap or lid, put in the refrigerator, and marinate overnight. Turn the meat upside down occasionally so that all parts are marinated well.
- Day 3
- Separate the coriander, mint and celery leaves and soak in water for 1 hour.
- Strain them and dry them with a paper towel. With a mortar and pestle crush the leaves, garlic, ginger and mustard seeds until they form a creamy mixture. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and sauté until soft.
- Add the brown sugar and when caramelized add the balsamic vinegar. Carefully mix in the strawberries.
- Add salt and pepper, reduce the heat and simmer for 12 minutes until the strawberries are soft. Remove from heat and mix the spices/vegetables mixture with the strawberry sauce. Keep aside.
- Discard the marinade.
- Preheat the oven at 190 C.
- Put the meat in a clay or terracotta oven dish, cover,and roast for 1 hour. Uncover, pour the strawberry sauce over the meat and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with some fresh mint leaves on top.
The Cookalagrecque Thessaloniki, GR
- Not added to any groups yet!