Twice Baked PotatoesFrom barngoddess 8 years ago
- 4 medium to large baking potatoes shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- salt and pepper (to taste) shopping list
- garlic powder (to taste) shopping list
- bacon bits (optional) shopping list
- parsley or green onion (finely chopped) shopping list
- 2 cups Shredded cheddar cheese (leave 3/4 cup in reserve) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare potatoes to bake by rubbing them in olive oil
- Stabbing a fork into the potatoes in each end
- Sprinkle sea salt over the oil to stick to the potatoes
- Wrap in foil and bake for one hour
- Take potatoes out of oven and allow them to cool
- When cooled, cut in half, length wise and scoop out potatoe into large bowl
- Place potatoe skins back in oven without foil to harden up some
- Mix all the other ingredients in with the scooped out potatoes and
- mix well with mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Take hardened skins out of oven and scoop mixture into each one.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese on top of each and bake again for about 15
- to 20 minutes.
The Cookbarngoddess Quinlan, TX
The Rating3 people
My mom used to make twice baked potatoes and I loved them. So I tried these and they were just as good if not better than I remember them being. Thanks!jrmhkts in Sioux Center loved it
Wonderful recipe! My family absolutely loved them. I baked some smaller potatoes for the children used the same recipe but decorated faces on top when they were done using a few chives for hair/tiny pieces of black olive for eyes and red & yellow p...moresunpuppy in Terre Haute loved it
Just made these tonight and they were delicious ! Thanks for the recipe ..marikak in Sognes loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!